Lauren focuses her practice on complex litigation and trials. She has represented a variety of corporate and individual clients in federal and state courts, as well as domestic and international arbitration proceedings. Lauren represents clients in a broad range of substantive areas, including breach of contract, trade secrets, securities and derivatives, antitrust, and shareholder litigation. In addition to her litigation and trial practice, Lauren provides advice on contract negotiation and pre-litigation disputes.
Lauren also is an adjunct professor at Georgetown University Law Center, where she teaches Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing.
Lauren received a Bachelor of Arts from Cornell University and a Master of Arts from Columbia University. She received her Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center, where she served as Executive Articles Editor for The Georgetown Law Journal. She also served as a Legal Research & Writing Law Fellow, a Global Teaching Fellow, and a Senior Writing Fellow. After law school, Lauren clerked for Judge John D. Bates of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, some of Lauren’s representative experience includes:
- Trial counsel for a publicly traded Hong Kong company in multimillion-dollar convertible bond dispute. The trial resulted in a victory for the client on all claims.
- Trial counsel for a Fortune 500 company in a multimillion-dollar contract dispute with a minority shareholder of a closely held company. The trial resulted in a victory for the client on all claims.
- Arbitration counsel for a global wealth management firm in a confidential, binding arbitration. The Arbitrator returned a decision in favor of the client on all claims.
- First-chair trial counsel in over a dozen criminal jury and bench trials while on secondment with the Maryland Office of the Public Defender.
- Representing a global financial institution in a series of RMBS-related litigations in various state and federal courts both at the trial and appellate levels.
- Representing a global pharmaceutical company in a multi-district antitrust litigation.
- Representing life sciences companies in contract negotiations and litigation.
- Representing a global manufacturing company in contract and trade secrets litigation.
- Representing a global investment firm in shareholder litigation.
- Representing a national insurance company in multi-state litigation involving statutory and breach of contract claims.