Williams & Connolly has extensive experience in complex domestic arbitrations under numerous arbitration regimes, including before the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), International Centre For Dispute Resolution (“ICDR”), International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (“CPR”), JAMS, and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”). Our lawyers bring the same trial and persuasion skills to arbitrations as they do to the courtroom; and the firm’s domestic arbitration practice spans a broad range of subject areas. For more information on the firm's extensive practice, please refer to the International Arbritation page.
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, the firm’s experience includes:
- Defending Big Four accounting firms in arbitrations of claims of tax and accounting malpractice.
- Obtaining a $400 million AAA arbitral award for firm client Southaven Power LLC in its contractual dispute with PG&E Energy Trading over fuel conversion facilities.
- Representing an inter-dealer brokerage desk in a FINRA arbitration brought by a London-based brokerage firm of claims of illegal hiring and alleged theft of confidential information. After merits hearings spread over three months, the Panel denied the multi-million dollar claims in their entirety and granted 100% of the brokers’ counterclaims.
- Successfully defending a real estate management company in a $10 million breach-of-contract dispute with a developer before an AAA panel.
- Representing a large internet company in a $25 million arbitral dispute over a marketing agreement for real estate listings.
- Representing two financial services executives in a pending FINRA arbitration alleging misappropriation of confidential information and improper solicitation.
- Acting for the claimant in an AAA-ICDR arbitration of misappropriation of U.S. Treasury price data.
- In an AAA arbitration defeating a claim of race discrimination against an automobile dealership franchise.
- Representing a national electronics manufacturer in a major breach of contract arbitral dispute.
- Representing 39 brokers in eight consolidated FINRA arbitrations against a global inter-dealer brokerage, of claims relating to a failed merger and a hiring dispute.