Williams & Connolly seeks exceptional applicants with outstanding academic records, whose demonstrated desire to succeed, background, life experiences, interests and achievements can contribute to our firm’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Williams & Connolly values the diversity of its workforce and takes steps to create and maintain an inclusive, non-discriminatory workplace. The Firm is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity, and complies with all relevant federal, state and local laws. We encourage individuals from a variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, national origins, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply (including individuals with disabilities, military veterans, and those who are the first in their families to attend college or law school).
This scholarship is merit-based and will be awarded on a competitive basis. Financial need may also be a consideration. To be considered, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled and in good standing as a second-year law student at an ABA accredited law school;
- Have a record of outstanding academic achievement;
- Not be a recipient of another scholarship from another law firm paid in for the summer of 2024;
- Receive an offer to be a 2L summer associate at Williams & Connolly and successfully complete the firm’s 2024 summer associate program; and
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the firm’s values, including diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable if you do not have first semester grades when you submit your application. Official transcripts will ultimately be required as part of the selection process);
- Personal statement, up to 500 words, telling us about yourself, your achievements, and your desire to work at Williams & Connolly.
An application for the scholarship must be submitted by August 8, 2023 to Natasha Zech, Director of Attorney Recruiting, Diversity and Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The $25,000 award (less applicable taxes and withholdings) will made in two parts; $12,500 paid when the applicant completes their summer at Williams & Connolly, and the balance is paid contingent upon the applicant joining the firm as an associate at Williams & Connolly.