July 19, 2021, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET; or July 22, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET
Members of the Williams & Connolly Supreme Court and Appellate Litigation team will present a CLE on the key business cases, major decisions, and big themes of the Term. The team will discuss Justice Barrett’s first Term, whether the Court is becoming less pro-business in some areas, and what kinds of business cases the Court is expected to take in the next few Terms.
The presentation will feature partners Amy Saharia, Sarah Harris, and Luke McCloud. Amy clerked for Justice Sotomayor and has been practicing in the Supreme Court and federal courts of appeals for more than a decade. This Term, she argued Sanchez v. Mayorkas, where a decision remains pending. Sarah, who clerked for Justice Thomas, argued and prevailed in two cases this Term: Salinas v. United States Railroad Retirement Board and Carr v. Saul.* Luke has litigated appeals throughout the federal system, including at the U.S. Supreme Court; he previously clerked for Justice Sotomayor and then-Judge Kavanaugh.
- General credit granted in AZ, CA, CT, FL, NJ, PA and NY (for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys).
- If you need CLE credit, we will send you a CLE Request and Evaluation Form the day of the presentation that you must submit with the CLE Code.
- We will apply for credit in other states, if requested.
- We cannot provide AL, IN, NC, and WV credit for this program.
- If you need more information or have questions about a particular state, please contact Sherry Bridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration: Registration is complimentary. Please contact Sherry Bridge at email@example.com or at 202-434-5224 for registration information.
*All cases vary and none is predictive.