Williams & Connolly’s Lisa Blatt will present a CLE on the key business cases, major decisions, and big themes of the Term, including Justice Breyer’s retirement. We’ll also discuss the outlook for next Term for business cases and other notable developments. In the prior two Supreme Court terms, Lisa led the firm’s appellate team to five victories on behalf of its clients before the U.S. Supreme Court, and the team argued three cases before the Court this term.*
Lisa serves as Chair of Williams & Connolly’s Supreme Court and Appellate practice. She also teaches law and undergraduate students at Georgetown University with Paul Clement in the subjects of Separation of Powers and Constitutional Law. Lisa has argued 42 cases before the United States Supreme Court. The National Law Journal has called her a "visionary" and one of "the 100 most influential lawyers in America." Bloomberg has described her as a "legendary high court litigator" while The National Journal likewise has referred to her as a "SCOTUS legend." In 2021, The American Lawyer recognized Lisa as the "Litigator of the Year." Lisa received her B.A. and J.D. from the University of Texas and clerked for the Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 10, 2022, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
- General credit granted in AZ, CA, CT, NJ, PA and NY (for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys).
- If you need CLE credit, you must submit a CLE Request and Evaluation Form with the CLE code.
- We will apply for credit in other states, if requested.
- We cannot provide AL, IN, NC, SC, and WV credit for this program.
- If you need more information or have questions about a particular state, please contact Sherry Bridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Sherry Bridge at email@example.com or at 202-434-5224 for registration information.
*All cases vary and none is predictive.