Colette Connor focuses on trial work and complex, high-stakes civil litigation. She has tried both bench and jury trials, and has litigated in state and federal courts around the country. Colette’s matters have spanned a variety of industries, including securities, banking, tax, real estate, healthcare, and media. Colette also has substantial experience defending law firms facing claims arising from representation of their clients.
Colette was selected as a “Rising Star” in the 2014 through 2017 Washington, D.C. editions of Super Lawyers.
Colette is from just outside Atlantic City, New Jersey. She received her undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Richmond in Richmond, Virginia and her JD from Harvard Law School. Before joining Williams & Connolly, Colette served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephanie K. Seymour of the Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- The United States’ Second and Third Periodic Report to the United Nations Human Rights Committee, 49 HARV. INT’L L. J. 509 (2008)
- Represented television network and individuals in lawsuit alleging product disparagement and libel
- Represented one of nation’s largest law firms in matter involving claims of alleged securities fraud and malpractice
- Represented an Am Law 100 firm against legal malpractice claim alleging a missed statute of limitations
- Represented an Am Law 100 firm against claims arising from representation of failed bank
- Represented an Am Law 100 firm against legal malpractice claim arising from unsuccessful litigation
- Represented one of nation’s largest investment banks in contract dispute
- Represented individual under investigation for criminal tax fraud
- Represented real estate developer in commercial lease dispute