Kylie Hoover is an associate at Williams & Connolly and focuses her practice on complex civil litigation, white collar defense, and government and internal investigations. She has represented clients in a variety of commercial, regulatory, and investigative matters, involving issues of criminal and civil antitrust, fraud, consumer protection, contract, and labor and employment law.
Kylie was born and raised in Austin, Texas. She graduated magna cum laude and with Highest Distinction from Duke University, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She received her J.D., cum laude, from New York University School of Law, where she served as a Senior Executive Editor of the Journal of Law and Liberty. Kylie served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard J. Leon, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Prior to her clerkship, she was a litigation associate in the Washington, D.C. office of another Am Law 100 firm. Kylie joined Williams & Connolly in 2016.
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Kylie’s experience includes:
- Defending CVS Health in a certified consumer class action jury trial in the Northern District of California that resulted in a complete defense verdict.
- Partnering with in-house compliance departments to conduct internal investigations into compliance and whistleblower allegations.
- Defending public university in First Amendment litigation.
- Representing a design, development, and manufacturing company in federal court in Virginia in a contract dispute with a Fortune 500 company.
- Representing a multinational bank in government investigations related to alleged manipulation of LIBOR and the foreign exchange market, conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice and numerous other authorities around the globe.*
- Representing a victim of human trafficking in a suit brought in federal court in Virginia under the Trafficking Victims Protection Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, including a successful appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.*
* Matter handled prior to joining Williams & Connolly.