Juli Ann Lund has extensive experience in complex civil matters and has litigated cases at both the trial and appellate level. She represents clients in a broad range of substantive areas of litigation, with a particular focus on class and other representative actions. A substantial portion of Juli’s practice focuses on state and federal statutory claims, including ERISA, federal and state False Claims Acts, and state consumer protection and deceptive trade practices acts.
Born in Brazil and raised in Minnesota, Juli graduated from Southern Methodist University, summa cum laude, in 1994, where she received Bachelor of Arts degrees in Spanish, English, Anthropology, and Latin American Studies. After earning her Master of Arts degree in English Literature from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1995, Juli attended Yale Law School, receiving her Juris Doctor in 1998. She clerked for Judge James Rosenbaum in the District of Minnesota before joining Williams & Connolly in 2001.
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Juli's experience includes:
- Representing Intel-related defendants in putative ERISA class actions filed in Northern District of California, including one argued in the United States Supreme Court in 2019.
- Obtaining reversal of class certification in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit in a labor and employment matter involving FLSA and Minnesota statutory claims against a public company.
- Successfully defending a national medical services provider against alleged non-competition violations in Michigan, including defeating injunctive relief.
- Successfully defending an inventory management company in a putative class action involving FLSA and California wage and hour, UCL, and PAGA claims.
- Successfully defending a software manufacturer in a putative nationwide class action involving California UCL, FAL, CLRA, and PAGA claims.
- Successfully defending a national automative retailer in a series of putative class actions alleging California wage and hour, UCL, and PAGA claims.
- Successfully defending a national pet food manufacturer in a putative nationwide class action alleging deceptive trade practices.
- Successfully defending a public company accused of overcharging a municipal government, resulting in the plaintiff voluntarily dismissing its case with prejudice on the eve of trial, with the firm’s client making no payment of any kind.
- Obtaining specific peformance for a nationwide hotel company.