Jess Rydstrom litigates complex civil cases, with an emphasis on commercial and patent litigation and professional liability defense. Jess has tried cases in federal and state courts and across a variety of industries.
Jess has represented corporations, professional firms, and individuals in a broad range of cases, at both the trial and appellate levels, in arbitration proceedings, and in congressional investigations. She has experience in a range of substantive areas, including commercial disputes, intellectual property, legal and accounting malpractice, products liability, and qui tam actions.
A native Californian, Jess graduated with honors from Duke University School of Law, where she was Executive Editor of the Duke Law Journal and a member of the Moot Court Board. She joined the firm in 2009 after clerking for the Honorable Catherine C. Blake on the District of Maryland. Before law school, Jess worked as a legislative aide to Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren.
Jess recently joined the adjunct faculty at Georgetown University Law Center, where she will teach Trial Practice in Spring 2019.
Jess is a member of the firm’s Women’s Initiative.
- Trial counsel for biopharmaceutical company in contract dispute regarding intellectual property and joint venture agreement
- Trial counsel for pharmaceutical company in patent litigation in the Northern District of California
- Trial counsel for pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman litigation in the District of Delaware
- Counsel for national accounting firm in the defense of multiple audit malpractice actions
- Counsel for specialty pharmacy in qui tam action involving allegations under the Anti-Kickback Statute