Beth Wilson is currently seconded to the Maryland Office of the Public Defender and is not handling Williams & Connolly client matters.
Beth Wilson focuses her practice on criminal defense and complex civil litigation. She has represented individuals, corporations, and professional firms in a variety of matters in federal and state courts and in arbitration proceedings. Beth has litigated at the trial and appellate levels, including in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Beth maintains an active and broad pro bono practice. She has represented individuals in criminal matters in D.C. Superior Court, obtained reversal of an individual’s security clearance denial before an administrative agency, and served as counsel for an individual seeking habeas relief in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Beth is also an associate trustee for the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs.
Beth received her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center and her B.A., magna cum laude, from The George Washington University. While at Georgetown, she served as an executive editor for the Georgetown Law Journal and as a legal research and writing fellow. Beth also participated in Georgetown’s Supreme Court Institute practicum. Prior to joining Williams & Connolly, Beth clerked for Judge Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Though all cases vary and none is predictive, Beth’s experience includes:
- Representation of CVS Health in securities class actions in federal and state courts related to goodwill impairment, winning dismissal of the federal action on a motion to dismiss and the state action on an interlocutory appeal.
- Representation of senior executive in Department of Justice (“DOJ”) investigation of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) violations.
- Representation of private equity company executive in DOJ and Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) investigations of securities fraud.
- Representation of non-profit organization in D.C. trial and appellate courts, winning dismissal of breach of contract action and affirming dismissal on appeal.
- Representation of partner and law firm in multiple arbitrations regarding breach of contract claims.
- Representation of law firm in matter arising from underwriting of foreign energy company.