Within the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, the Women’s Initiative focuses on the recruitment, retention, and advancement of women attorneys at Williams & Connolly. It is co-chaired by two partners, Katherine Turner and Amanda MacDonald. The key objectives of the Women’s Initiative include advancing the professional development of women attorneys, encouraging mentorship and sponsorship of women attorneys by the firm’s partners, strengthening the internal and external network of the firm’s women attorneys, and supporting the growth of their business development skills.
In addition, the firm supports a number of women’s organizations, including:
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color
- Girls on the Run
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- National Partnership for Women and Families
- National Women’s Law Center
- Women’s Bar Association Foundation