Sarah Teich focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including securities, director and officer liability, financial services and antitrust matters. She has litigated cases at both the trial and appellate level. She has experience representing clients, including private equity firms, pharmaceutical companies, broker dealers, Fortune 100 companies, media companies, and individuals, in a wide range of business disputes.
Sarah was raised in Portland, Oregon and graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in History and Law, Jurisprudence and Social Thought from Amherst College in 2000. She earned a M.A. in History from University of Virginia in 2006. She received her J.D. the same year from University of Virginia School of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and an Articles Editor of the Virginia Law Review. Sarah clerked for Judge Kermit V. Lipez of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit before joining Williams & Connolly LLP in 2007.
- Represented major private equity firm and affiliated individual directors in defense of breach of fiduciary duty and mismanagement claims related to collapse of RMBS investment fund. Five month trial in the Royal Court of Guernsey (Channel Islands) resulted in judgment rejecting all claims against all defendants. Simultaneously obtained successful dismissal of several related securities law cases in U.S. courts, including affirmance of dismissal on appeal.
- Represented nationwide telecommunications company in class action antitrust litigation involving price fixing claims in text messaging industry.
- Represented inter-broker dealer in successful arbitration for breach of contract relating to theft and misuse of proprietary information.
- Represented major cable network in several contract disputes with on-air talent, including second chairing successful preliminary injunction.
- Represented major manufacturing corporation in litigation against insurance carriers for coverage of costs associated with environmental remediation.
Selected to Washington, D.C. “Rising Stars” list, Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
Law Clerk, Judge Kermit V. Lipez, United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2006-2007