Michaela Wilkes Klein graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where she served as an Executive Articles Editor of the Georgetown Law Journal, as well as a legal research and writing teaching assistant. Following law school, she clerked for Judge Leonie M. Brinkema of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and for Judge Reena Raggi of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Law Clerk, Judge Reena Raggi, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2016–2017
- Law Clerk, Judge Leonie M. Brinkema, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2015–2016
- Summer Law Clerk, United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division, Public Integrity Section, 2013
- Intern, United States Department of State, Bureau of International Organization Affairs, U.S. Mission to UNESCO, 2011; Office of United Nations Political Affairs, 2009
- Full Committee Intern, United States House Committee on the Judiciary Majority Staff, 2010