Tian Huang’s practice focuses on litigating complex civil and white-collar criminal matters and defending clients facing government investigations. Tian also has counseled and represented corporations and individuals in compliance and whistleblower matters, internal investigations, and in response to Congressional and government agency inquiries, and her trial-level cases have been primarily in federal courts and arbitration. Tian also has an active pro bono practice, including an ongoing representation of an immigrant family previously separated at the U.S. border now seeking asylum, as well as first-chair representation of an individual against revocation of his parole.
A native of College Station, Texas, Tian earned her undergraduate and master’s degrees at Northwestern University and her J.D. at Yale Law School. Tian clerked for Judge Paul A. Engelmayer of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Counsel for a large technology company and individual defendants in a securities class action in the Northern District of California.
- Counsel for the former chief executive officer of a major technology company in various shareholder litigation, including in arbitration, as well as in the Northern District of California and in Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Counsel for a major medical device company in a securities class action in the District of Minnesota.
- Counsel for a major pharmaceutical company and individual defendants in a securities class action in the Southern District of New York.
- Counsel for Bayer in a patent infringement suit brought by Biogen relating to Bayer’s genetically-engineered Interferon product for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. The case involves the use of genetic engineering to identify the gene that codes for Interferon and to transform bacterial cells with plasmids containing the human DNA sequence to induce the bacteria to produce human Interferon.
- Counsel for a leading medical device company in a multi-million dollar breach of contract lawsuit involving various Foreign Corrupt Practices Act issues.
- Counsel for a government official in connection with various government investigations.
- Counsel for a major sports league in connection with an inquiry from a Congressional committee.
- Counsel for a major sports league in connection with government relations issues.