Seema Mittal Roper’s practice has been shaped by the combination of private law firm and government experience. Seema’s practice centers on white collar criminal defense and complex civil litigation. Seema originally joined the firm in 2009 and then rejoined in 2018 after serving five years as an Assistant United States Attorney at the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland. In this capacity, she tried several criminal cases in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and represented the government in appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Seema received her B.A. from The George Washington University in 2004. In 2008, she received her J.D. from The George Washington University Law School, where she served as a member of the George Washington Law Review. Before joining the firm in 2009, Seema clerked for Judge Carlos T. Bea of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and served as a judicial extern to Judge Wayne Andersen of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. From 2011 to 2012, Seema clerked for Judge Richard J. Leon of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. Seema was previously the Senior Assistant for Legislative Review for the United States Senate Budget Committee, from 2005 to 2008.
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Maryland, 2013 – 2018
- Law Clerk, Hon. Richard J. Leon, United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2011 – 2012
- Law Clerk, Hon. Carlos T. Bea, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2008 - 2009
- Senior Assistant for Legislative Review & Floor Manager, U.S. Senate Budget Committee, 2005 - 2008
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Wayne Andersen, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2006